Saturday, October 16, 2010

Deepest Fear

Last year  in my English class we were told to read a book called IT by Stephen King for Christmas Break and to be done by the time we returned from break. I thought  it was going to be a easy read for me but i was completely wrong. I started to read the book on a six hour bus ride to northern California to visit  my uncle. I open the book and began to read the first chapter was o.k  it was talking about a storm that  hit a small town , it was until i reached pg23 in the book where everything turned wrong for me the author introduced  a crazy clown. The clown named it killed people. (Growing up i was always scared of clowns .I think it's the make people use to look like clown that just does not sit well with my imagination.) I had to stop reading  after the clown killed the little boy. After i closed the book i started to look at the places we were passing by on the bus. My eyes started to close and i found myself asleep. I was dreaming i was in a yellow rain coat and rain boots following a paper boat that i made. I was trying to keep up with it when it went down the gutter. I thought my boat was lost for good, then i saw this clown in the gutter. IT was telling me that all i had to was to reach to him to grab the boat out of his hand. I told him it was o.k . I started to walk away when IT grab my ankle and pulled me towards him he started to say "Everything floats down hear Cherise , everything floats down hear."  I started to scream and that's when i woke up. I saw my brother looking at me like just stolen something of his. Everyone on the bus was looking at me. I felt so embarrassed  like  i just wanted to disappear. It only got worse when my uncle came to pick us up from the bus station.We got in around 6p.m and he decided to take us to see a movie. It happen to be Nightmare on Elm street. I sat through a two hour horror movie with out screaming i was very proud of myself. when we were down he drove us back to his house to settle down for the night. Both me and my brother slept down stairs in the living room. It was around midnight when i had the dream again only this time it involved Freddy and IT. They were both chasing me down a very dark street. When i finally woke up i found myself  breathing fast and lying in my own pool of sweet. I looked around in the darkness and found my uncle's dog  and my brother sleeping o.k. I threw my shoe at my mother to wake him to try to talk to him and all him told me was to go back to sleep and never try to through my shoe at him again if i  wanted to see another day. After i kept thinking to my self that my mother was with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment